- Anthony Braxton: Jazz guitarist Dom Minasi writes about his work with Anthony Braxton at All About Jazz.
- Miles Davis: Bryan Bierman discusses Miles Davis's "Dark Magus" in the Hidden Gems feature at Magnet. (Purchase the CD, Dark Magus: Live at Carnegie Hall, at Amazon.com.)
- Miles Davis: Kirk Hamilton discusses "Flamenco Sketches," what he calls a "hidden gem on the greatest jazz album of all time," Kind of Blue, at kotaku.com. (Purchase the CD, Kind of Blue, at Amazon.com.)
- Miles Davis: Miles Davis Online provides a link to the CBC's series, The Miles Files.
- Ella Fitzgerald: On April 25, her birthday, Ella Fitzgerald was the Jazz Musician of the Day at All About Jazz.
- Erroll Garner: Marc Myers shares a 35-minute clip of Erroll Garner, which was recorded in London in 1964, at JazzWax.
- Herbie Hancock: Peter Hum reports at the Ottawa Citizen that Herbie Hancock wants to celebrate International Jazz Day on April 30 by having students from around the world play "Watermelon Man."
- Herbie Hancock: Herbie Hancock discusses the first International Jazz Day with the Los Angeles Times.
- Sarah Vaughan: Marc Myers shares a video of Sarah Vaughan singing on the "Tonight" show in 1978 at JazzWax.