- Louis Armstrong: At The Wonderful World of Louis Armstrong, Ricky Riccardi asks readers to vote for the Louis Armstrong House Museum to be funded through a $3 million grant at www.partnersinpreservation.com.
- Bix Beiderbecke: In the Quad-City (Iowa) Times, Bill Wundram reports that Bix Beiderbecke’s prep school dormitory at Lake Forest College near Chicago may be wrecked next month.
- Dave Brubeck, Billie Holiday: According to Jeff Tamarkin at JazzTimes, Sony will release 8 boxed sets in June, including Dave Brubeck — The Complete Columbia Albums 1955-66 and Billie Holiday — Lady Day: The Complete Columbia 1933-44.
- Dizzy Gillespie: NPR's All Things Considered features an interview with Cuban trumpeter Arturo Sandoval, who discusses the influence of Dizzy Gillespie on him.
- Sonny Rollins: Bob Kenselaar reprints a 1978 interview with Sonny Rollins at All About Jazz.
- Cecil Taylor: Seth Colter Walls declares it (unofficially) Cecil Taylor month in New York at Capital.
- Cecil Taylor: Jeff Jackson and Jeff Golick discuss the 1984 Cecil Taylor album, Nicaragua: No Pasaran at Destination: Out.
- Lester Young: M. Figg discusses and shares a clip of saxophonist Lester Young playing the clarinet later in his career at Aesthetic, Not Anesthetic.